There is a lot of BUZZ around social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), but how can it be leveraged by a tree service company? How can you actually use social media to grow your tree service business?
It all starts with understanding that social media is the new word-of-mouth.
The best way to use social media is to enhance the engagement/loyalty of your existing customers, and by extension of that and social media platforms, you will grow your repeat and word-of-mouth business.
- Setup social media profiles on the major social sites for your company:
- Send an email blast to your existing email list (if you have one) letting them know that you want to connect with them on social media and that you now have social profiles. Offer them some incentive to “Like,” “Follow,” and/or “Subscribe” to your company’s pages.
- Discount off next service.
- Discount for their friends and family.
- Something of value for FREE such as a tree identification guide.
- Add social media to your day-to-day business practices and systematically invite your customers to engage with you online.
- Add links to your business cards, brochures, marketing materials, website and email signature.
- Be sure to invite all of your customers to engage after service via follow-up email or as an insert on your invoice.
- POST VALUABLE CONTENT – This may be the most important component of your social media strategy. If you have thousands of fans and followers but don’t add anything of value, you will have accomplished nothing. You need to post relevant updates, tips, ideas, techniques, news and special promotions on a daily basis. Try to keep 90-percent of your posts informational and 10-percent (or less) promotional.
- Engage with your customers – You need to stay on top of your social media profiles and engage with your fans/followers if/when they post on your profile or reply to your posts. Reply to their comments etc.
If you are looking leverage social media to grow your tree service business, and if you want to achieve page ONE placement on Google, Yahoo and Bing for the tree service related keywords in your city, we can help. However, we only work with ONE tree service contractor in each city. So, call us at 678-810-1683 before your competitor does.